Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chapter 9-Homosexuality

Chapter 9
Homosexuality


     Giselle woke late that morning, the sun was staring straight into her window. Turning, she saw her clock read 1:27. She hopped up, brushed her hair, and threw a snow-white robe around her body.
     Once in the kitchen, she saw Edward there. He smiled dreamily at her.
"Why did you let me sleep in?" she asked.
He shrugged,"A lot has been going on, you were tired and needed sleep."
"Where is everyone?"
"I just back from hunting, the others will be here in about two hours. Talia is in town."
Giselle sat back in her chair. "I like her."
"It's killing Alice."
"She's strong."
"Not strong enough," he spit.
Giselle took his face in her hands,"Stronger than you think."
"...Are you reading my mind?"
She smiled widely. "Yes."
     Edward took up her head, and began to kiss her. She kissed him back, and it felt as if all warmth in world had poured into her pale, cold body.
****************************************************************************************
The rest of the Cullen's arrived an hour or so later, and Edward flushed when Emmett commented on the color in Giselle's cheeks.
     They sat down, and Emmett turned on a game (who knew the witch princess knew so much about football? "GO TEBOW!!!") and Talia perched herself precariously on Jasper's lap. There was a good hour before Giselle asked, "Where is Alice?"
     Everyone looked around, and Jasper stiffened. The silence was scary. Giselle thought of what she had read in Edward's mind about how he thought his first wife had been dead and the suicide he had planned....
"I'm here!!" Alice popped over the banister of the upstairs and waved. She seemed the perkiest as anyone had seen her in weeks.
"You haven't been hunting?" Esme asked.
Alice furrowed her tiny eyebrows. "...Oh! That was today? Shoot!"
"I haven't been yet either. I'll head up to Seattle,"Talia said. "I just need one or two a month."
"Why don't you try our way?" Carlisle asked. "I could show you."
"I don't know..."
"I'll take her!!" Alice pipped up. Everyone stared.
"Why not? Wouldn't it make sense?"
Carlisle frowned. "I...I guess..."
"Then it's settled! I'm ready, Talia?" It was the first time Alice had said her name and the poor red-head looked like a deer in the headlights.
***********************************************************************************
The two girls departed immediately.
No wonder he loves her, Alice thought, shes beautiful, and perfect, and-
"Like this?" Talia said, sucking dry a mountain lion.
"Perfect....to be honest, I didn't think you'd catch on that fast."
"I'm a quick learner. Well, I'm set for a month. We have time to kill, wanna show me around the woods?"
"Uh...sure. Great."
     They went up the mountain, and Talia almost fell, but Alice grabbed her hand yanked her up into her. Talia feel on top of her, and they lay there for a moment, just staring at each other.


What is happening?


     Alice showed her Edward's meadow. "I...uh...can't go in there. Like Giselle said a few days ago, I'm not the same kind of vampire you are. I can only survive in the sun for 6 hours, it starts getting painful at 5. I..."
"It's okay." Alice took her hand, and not letting her eyes stray from Talia's face, she lead her into the meadow. Talia's eyes went wide and you could tell that Jasper had never showed her what he looked like in the sun.
"...You're beautiful..."
Alice smiled. "So are you." Talia seemed to get pale and delicate, like glass, in this sun.
     Alice brought Talia to her knees, and they both lay in the grass, side by side, arms around each other's waist. Alice twirled Talia's hair around her ring finger. "I can see why he loves you."
"...Why?"
"You're so..." Alice whispered, "Perfect. At everything. You learn fast, are sweet and kind. You're beautiful." Alice looked at the girl's green eyes. "So beautiful."
"...Sometimes I worry, that he doesn't love me enough. He's so...quiet."
"I used to feel the same way. If I had a girl like you, though, Talia, ...I'd never let you go."
     They were still holding one another and Talia stared at Alice for a moment. She blushed.
"Oh, Alice...you did all this...just to impress me."
Alice's mouth formed an O and she looked down. "I..."
"Alice, that's so sweet, but Jasper..." she looked at Alice's pleading eyes again. Talia gripped Alice's hair tight with her slender, pale fingers. She leaned in slow, and kissed Alice right on the mouth.


"Never let me go..."


And they made love in the the sunlight of the meadow for 4 hours, 13 minutes, and 58 seconds.


And Talia still craved more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment