Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chapter 2-Renesmee and the Toil at Her Feet

Chapter 2
The Toil at Her Feet

Of course, young Renesmee was beyond happy when her mother awoke. She sensed it. And when she sensed her leaving, she began throwing a fit. Wriggling from Jacob's arms, she fought piece by piece.

"Nessie,"he whispered,"shhh, sto-n0-baby gir-Nessie!" the child kept wriggling and when Jacob brought the girl back close to his tan, brawny chest, she only calmed down at his kiss. Her nose smelled the sweet smelling blood in his neck and she went for it, but Alice flew by and took the girl across the room.

"No, no, no, Renesmee. You can't bite Jacob's neck. That's a no-no," said the little pixie.

Renesmee proceeded to pout, jutting out her chin, squinting her eyes, and pursing her lips.

"Don't make that face,"said Rosalie taking her from Alice,"it'll stick." Renesmee continued on, until a prodding tickle from Rosalie came and she went into laughter. This child was born for a perfect life.
****************************************************************************************
I'm cold, I'm alone. That's all I remember. They left me here. Why? I got bits and pieces of information the next day, when my thoughts started making sense. Brown hair, long and strown, with a hint of red. Pale hands, very cold and strong, wrapped around me. Curly, wind-blown, bronze hair, and golden eyes. They didn't find me until months later, when Ellis Island was frozen with snow. They were like me, that much I knew.

"There's some one here..." one of them whispered.

"Within ear shot?" the leader asked. His dark brown hair was slicked back, and blended into his black cloak.

I held my breath, and pretended to be invisible. I didn't know about death, or that I could hurt, feel pain, but I knew that something wrong was going to happen. Call it intuition.

"...No, he just dropped of my radar. I-I don't know what happened-"

"Pity. Your powers are failing you?"asked the leader.

"No!-" cried the flustered female, but she was cut off.

"Enough! We will come back for it later." said the leader and they fled.




I was terrified.



But, I wanted them to find me.


I wanted my fate to be set already, damn it.



I wanted it bad.
*********************************************************************************
Little Renesmee Cullen, was scared. Because everyone was scared. Auntie Alice and Uncle Jasper had fled, Edward was unresponsive to her (and sometimes Bella), and mother was weeping dry tears this way and that. What was the child to make of this? The only thing that could possibly connect was the blonde woman in the thicket...

Jacob would protect her. Daddy would protect her. But the only one she could really count on was Momma, she was the only one who would die for her.
**********************************************************************************
When it was done, no blood was shed. She curled up in Jacob's chest, and let him engulf her.

"I love you, Nessie," he kissed her fluff of hair,"I always will."

She knew he would, but would she?
**********************************************************************************
"It was here."

"Are you sure of it?" asked the leader.

"...Y-yes...yes master,"said the female again. There was a faint scream, then a loud  whip of a crack, then it all appeared to be done. Was this death? What should I call this? I thought. The word I thought of in my mind was no word at all, I registered it with a darkness with red-tinge. And the scream, and the crack. That was death, I knew this much.

"I've found him, master," said a female. I opened my eyes and the blonde demon looked down on me, as if amused. She cocked her head.

"Good work, Jane,"the leader complimented her.

"Master," asked the girl, the one responding to the name Jane.

"Yes?" asked the leader.

"He is one of us, but has blood in his veins. The Cullens have lied to you, Master. They produced one more spawn. A boy. Come, look. It resembles them entirely! They have lied! To the Volturi! How dare they! I-"

"Calm yourself. No darling. The Cullens did not lie. Edward was under the protection of that charming wretch of a temptress, Bella. I did not see this. But, in search my dear friend, Carlisle's mind, he had no awareness of the baby. This only suggests one option," he prompted one of the men, ganglier and in a lighter robe to answer.

"That Edward knows, but the rest of the family doesn't?" he said in his ridiculously husky voice.

"Yeeees," said the leader, Aro, in his high pitched one. He kissed the gangly, husky sounding boy on both cheeks."We have a bright one among us!" Then Aro leaned over me, and I shrunk back, shrieking. I didn't want him touching me.

"No!" I screamed. My first word. I didn't have to time to be blind-sided by shock for my life may be on the line. I refused to close my eyes, for it was one of the things connected to the silence of the female.

"Shhhhhh," hissed Aro, his hands groping my face."Non voglio farti del male, tesoro," he whispered.

Why I let him touch me, I'll never know. But, I wouldn't be where I was now. I let him take me up in his arms. It had easily been 5 months since I was born. Since the bronze-haired golden-eyed man brought me here. I was very hungry. I didn't know what hungry was, but my throat burned when we got nearer to the city.

Italy was beautiful, and I was raised there. Sulpicia was glad she had a little babe to play with, but I rarely participated in the horribly juvenile games. Only when Aro commanded did I. My jumper was always a dark black, only later did I connect it meant I was high up in power ranks. We celebrated my birthday every 3 months, if you did the math that's what it came out to. On my 8th birthday, Aro insisted I be named.

"The boy's growing! He needs a proper name! What do you say, my darling?"

Sulpicia contemplated this, then smiled."Beltrano," she smiled,"A beautiful, Italian name."




So, I was named. I didn't have to like it. Honestly, I preferred boy. Belrano? I was supposed to answer to that? Why wasn't I named something normal? Like Edward?
**********************************************************************************
All the Cullen's blew out the candles on the birthday cake. They'd told everyone they'd moved, but they remained in the little town of Forks, Washington. How sickeningly quaint. Little Renesmee, now two years old, sat down. Everything about her was alert and intellectual. She smiled her little white smile. She, even though she looked around 9 or 10, was beautiful as a woman. Jacob noticed, but more often(since she was not a proper age to be attracted to by a man of his age) he was attracted to her mother. More than once had the two had romantic secretive walks on First Beach after dark (the treaty was soooo void). Edward noticed this and said nothing. But the unspoken anger and betrayal slipped into words, and the fights ensued.

And they argued, and argued. But it was never enough to break the bond the two had.





Or was it?



******************************************************************************
It was after dark, and it was the usual time I began to wander the city. The large clock chimed twelve with its tinkling bells and I sighed.

"Hey," she said, coming out of no where. I pretended I wasn't startled and kept walking.

"Hey," she hissed. "HEY!!" She flipped me around angrily. "Boy!" she began,"Sorry, Beltrano." she growled.

"Don't call me that," I growled, kicking a rock and watching as it flew a good half-mile across the city.

"Your, lucky, ya know,"she said, avoiding eye contact,"I would give anything to be her favorite." She kept her eyes low, and a sad look-sadder than usual-kept locked on the ground.

"But, your Aro's favorite," I said, trying to pat her arm. She hissed defensively. It happens, you try not to take it personal. "I was his favorite until you came along."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. Jane was never this...open.

"You honestly don't know?" she hissed. "DO YOU?!" She frantically fought to grab my hands. She held them up. "Close your eyes!!"  she yelled.

I did as Jane commanded. Her hands were painfully cold on my wrists. I knew she felt my pulse. How was she not temped? My coursing blood...ugh, my own mouth was beginning to water.

"Slip away..." she mumbled in my ear, and I melted. Jane was beautiful...was it bad to have a little crush on her? She was amazing...at everything....She was the only one who ever put up a fight. Her red eyes, so full of raw anger and passion...they were beautiful. My disgusting green eyes...they should have been red.

    I began to melt. I was non existent. I pretended I was invisible and-

"And so you are."

Jane herself jumped at the voice. She kneeled before him and as did I. "Master," she crooned. Why couldn't she say my name that way? Aro, looked at Jane in a way I had never seen him look at her before. He took one finger and placed it under her chin. She looked at it, half scared and half defiant. He didn't even have to try to lift Jane off the ground and throw her in the air. She screamed, and Demetrius grabbed her throat the muffled the sound. He was also beautiful, the way he flew in, as if on air.

"Stop! Stop please!" I screamed,"Don't hurt her! Don't hurt Jane!" Alec studied me with weary eyes after I said this. Demetrius brought Jane to Aro, like a hunting dog to his master. His hand was an iron ring around her throat. I looked at her shoulder where the cloth was broken-he had bitten her.

    I knew the venom stung. Aro was teaching me to read minds. I wasn't bad-but I wasn't good. The first thing he showed me was not even his memory-but his wife's memory of being changed. I never looked at her the same way again.

    Jane gasped for air at Aro's feet. She didn't need it but it was uncomfortable.  And that damn venom...she would be crying all night. I felt sorry for Jane. And, as much as I may or may not have cared for her, I never felt sorry for Jane. She was too damn tough.

"You didn't need to tell him, Jane," Aro said, bending in half to meet her sprawled body on the gravel on the street.

"He needed to know," she growled,"master." He struck her across the face. She closed her eyes.

"I don't know...anything. What did she tell me?" I asked. The guard exchanged glances. Aro advanced a step more.

"Boy, you aren't honestly this stupid, are you?" it was an honest question. He wanted to know. 

"I don't understand," I whispered.

Aro sighed,"My boy," he said, taking my hand," you turn invisible"

**********************************************************************************
"Bella!No! No! Shut up and let me talk!" Edward screamed. Little Renesmee-now not so little-covered her ears. She was cowering in the corner of her room in the little wood land cottage.

"Edward, I sick of putting up with you! I should never have opened up to you! Ever!"

"Then why don't you go back to Jacob then and get it over with?!"

"Fine! He's better anyway!"

"Whoa-whoa. Hold up. Your having sex with him?"

"Jealous, much?"

"I'm not jealous of a whore. And if you claim rape, no one believes a slut who cries wolf. Huh. Ironic, isn't it?"

"Shut up, Edward!"

"And if he gets you pregnant-oh wait, he can't, can he?"

"Just get out of my life! Your a loser and a loner and a liar!"

"Bitch!" He slapped her across the face,"I have never lied to you!! Not once!" Edward's face was distorted by rage. By now, the little bronze-headed girl had slipped into the room, screaming and begging for them to stop only to be ignored. But, Edward stopped and looked at her.

"I've only lied to you once..." he whispered and then looked Bella straight in the eye,"You have a son."

No comments:

Post a Comment