Friday, February 17, 2012

Chapter5-Giving the Girl a Chance

Chapter 5
Giving the Girl a Chance

   Kit still pressed on with questions in the lunch room. Edward hadn't been listened but 45 minutes and he was getting fed up. Giselle rebuffed every question as politely as possible.

"Quit! Ask her about herself," begged one of the girls, Genie. "How are you dear?" she asked.

"Small talk is a waste, but I am fine," said Giselle, happy someone acknowledged that she loathed questions.

Genie laughed, tossed her dark hair over her shoulder,"It is pointless, isn't it?"

"I always found it so, there is always a point behind conversation in the false, 'How do you do's?'. Always. It is in human nature. We are an evil species!" some on the girls exchanged nervous glances at this speech, while Kit decided to praise her for it.

"Darling, isn't she just like a princess! A fairy! You look like a dancer! Can you dance?"

Giselle's cheeks flamed. "Well, kind of. I took ballet." she said it almost like a question.

"Gah! Dance, honey!" She shoved Giselle up onto the table and the entire room grew quiet. Edward heard the pity in Rosalie's head and couldn't help but mimic it. Silently, Genie slapped the table twice, then clapped her hands twice. Kit followed, then several other girls. The strange hand jive pervaded through the cafeteria and Giselle began to dance. It was a tripping sort over movement and her arms did this odd circle. There were times where she would propel herself in the air and not fall for several seconds.

"Fairy Princess!" screamed the girls, like a playground chant.

"Moonbeam Floor!

"Golden Shimmer!

"Silver Shoes!

"Now unfold!

"Heart of Gold!"

Giselle slid down the table on her bottom and would up in the air.

"Here!"

And into her seat.

"Where a woman's heart should be!"

All the girls and boys in the room were laughing and clapping and Giselle just tried to catch her breath. She took a look over at the Cullen table, only to get backs of heads and sneers. She looked away, and smiled at the friends she didn't want.
*********************************************************************************
Jane and I donned our robes once in the tower. Aro was going to slaughter us. Jane was in a trance, and was no help to me.

"What's our story?" I asked. She only hummed and asked "Hmm?" a few moments later.

"What are we going to say?" I hissed.

"Hunting..." she mumbled dreamily, not looking at me," In Rome..."She lost it. Her lips tried to fight for mine again and I shoved her off.

"Cut it out, Jane!" then there was a knock at the door.

"Aro wishes to see you," they whispered, Demetri. Damn.... We didn't have time to change, so we were only in our undergarments, Jane still in the sexy lace, I in my boxer shorts and plain white tee.

    We stalked to the throne, Jane less dreamy and more in the angry mindlessness she usually lurked in.

"Come forward," he said. We did so. "Kneel." we obeyed. "Take off your robes. We were to have our normal uniform underneath. We did not. I simply looked up at Aro, who cocked his head at me. Jane on the other hand, began to strip. In front of the whole guard.

She then stood, in her lace undergarments. Beautiful and pale. My adrenaline and fear brought on another erection, which gave me another reason not to stand naked. 

Alec stared from me to his Victoria Secret worthy sister. I watched his horror as he put two and two together.

"Go to your rooms," said Aro. And we two departed and split our separate ways.
*********************************************************************************
Upon entering her Biology class, she simply stood and looked for the first empty seat (which was next to Edward-the only empty one.) Mr. Oz ushered her to her seat. She looked uneasy next to Edward, though they could be siblings. Edward shook the very realistic possibility out of his mind.

"Edward?"she asked, when the lights went down for the slide show.

"What?" Edward asked, softer than he meant to.

"...never mind...."

"No, now I want to know," he growled.

"I said nevermind," she hissed back.

When Edward turned to glare at her, her head was turned a full 180 degrees, looking to her right. He got the back of her head and all those damn white curls. He wanted to yank them off her head. He reached out to do so, but upon his hand touching the soft lock he stopped. She seemed to be holding back tears.

Damn her! He tried to search her mind. Why was she here? What reason had she to cry so? But upon searching, he hit nothing but a wall. He couldn't enter her mind. Just like Bella. Damn her!

"Stop thinking such things!" she hissed.

"What?" he asked.

"I-I..."

"Did you say think?"

"...I read minds...not unlike yourself."

"Unbelievable."

Though out the class hour, she received several waves, smiles, and even a love note from Mike Newton, which she replied to with a sickeningly sweet response of how she thought he was nice and kind and cute. Like she was a classic school girl! She turned to her journal with a look of indifference, not a girl who was in love. As if she cared for him! Mike's head was spinning with love. He asked her to meet him at the lumberyard. She declined. He begged again. Again she declined politely. When he asked again, she growled such a response, he was so confused. She swiftly apologized and blamed him teasingly for making her angry. He was just like his elder.

    Edward began to grow course and angry-as if he wasn't already-at the girl. Who did she think she was!  Ugh!

When the bell rang, they left together and the Cullens regrouped at the parking lot. Edward's Volvo, Emmett's Jeep. Giselle didn't want to impose, in fact, she found it awkward.

"I'll just...walk. It's okay. Really," she said.

"Fine, bye,"Edward said.

"No," growled Rose, grabbing his arm.

"C'mon!"she said, shooing the girl in the silver car,"Edward doesn't bite!" then she pressed her lips together, to hold in the laugh. Giselle barely agreed.

   Once at the house, Giselle went in, and Edward left to run. He couldn't stand it, he needed air.

    When he returned, she was at his piano, Emmett at her side. She plugged a scale into the ivories and he tried-and failed-to do the same.

"No, no, but close," said the snow girl, with a smile. Her white dress looked beautiful on her as it's train billowed below the bench, and the sleeves of the gown temped on to the keys. Her white hair hung over her face, acting as a veil so only you could see her smile. (Which was white as her skin and hair).

   Emmett tried again, and the Olympic Coven laughed at his efforts. He grumbled and Giselle turned and asked them (quietly) not to laugh at her pupil for trying to learn.

"What's going on here?" Edward asked.

"Oh,...Edward," said Esme.

"Yo, man, I'm learnin' the ivories! I hope you didn't mind that we used your-"

"Yeah. I do. Why is she teaching you anyway? I could teach you."

"You suck at teaching,"Emmett growled.

Edward hissed, and stomped over to the bench. He yelled,"Get off my piano!" and as the white girl rose, he yanked her up by her arm and threw her at the wall.

   The Cullens gasped. The girl quickly gathered herself, and ran up the stairs, as if it were her fault she collapsed. No one saw her face. Everyone heard her sobs.
*********************************************************************************
"Sooooo...you did the nasty with my sister?" Alec asked.

"You really gotta say 'the nasty?'"I complained. Alec and I sat in my room. It was grey and bleak and the only thing that was used for entertainment was books. I didn't know how to read. Alec did. I didn't ask him to show me.

"Well, do you want me to say sex?"

"No! That-that..."makes it real. I thought. It was all a dream. and Aro doesn't know. I kept saying it in my mind.

"I can't believe she let you do it with her, let alone she wanted it," he said smirking. He was proud of me.

"You know the girls can't keep their hands off me," I teased. We laughed.

"So, ya gonna do it again?"

"God, I hope so. Your sister is fine. She's not too shabby at her midnight wrestling."

"Did you just do it for the physical part or do you like her?"

"...I dunno,"I whispered. Did I love Jane?

I looked back at Alec, and noted how much he resembled his sister. He layed shirtless on my bed, my head on his chest so that we formed a T on the bed. This wasn't uncommon, it's how we spent every night to pass the time. I now knew of a better pass time....

"Do you think Aro's gonna punish you?"

"I don't see why. As far as I'm concerned, I think he'd be happy his two best guard members are doing it frequently. Makes us stronger."

Alec laughed and twined his fingers through my curly hair.

Maybe, just maybe, I could love Jane. I didn't know what love was...


Not yet.
*********************************************************************************
Giselle left the house around 5 that night, the way she did every night. She always returned before the sunset. This night, Edward followed her out, in plans to just...watch her. What was the girls problem?

   Halfway through the path, she stopped and turned on him. He ran to hide.

"Edward Cullen! I can hear you! I have ears!" Damn! He forgot she supposedly read minds.

"I do you cocky bastard!" he didn't think the princess would udder such things.

"What do you do out here? What are you?"

"Human,"she insisted again.

"Then how do you...?"

"I can read minds, see the future and past, and move things with my mind. Happy? I don't how I...was just born with it. My parents thought I was the biggest freak show that ever lived. Not why I'm here though...my story isn't yours and doesn't need to be told, Edward Cullen. Can't you just trust me? No...that's too much to ask, even I don't trust. Just give me a chance? Be civil?"

He looked at her...summed her up. Her hair, her eyes, her body. Each more beautiful than the next.

"Fine...a chance...only one."

No comments:

Post a Comment