Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chapter3-Arrival of the Calleach

Chapter 3
Arrival of the Calleach


   The hunt was on. The search for Bella's missing son was in hot pursuit. The Cullen's didn't wish to take part, Edward said goodbye to Bella and this appeared to be them parting ways. Once in the home, his wedding ring was extracted from his dead finger and hidden. Renesmee stayed behind. It didn't bother her Jacob was leaving (a relief from his constant badgering. I know he imprinted and all but she didn't...)but her mother was leaving her for a child that may or may not be alive. Didn't she love her anymore?

No. That was the answer. Short and sweet. No, she didn't love her.


Not anymore.


So, the Quillettes and Bella left to scower the east coast. Jokes were made. Maybe Leah would imprint on the boy, a flash back of the previous occurrence of Jake and Nessie. Renesmee didn't even bother to say good-bye to Jake and her mother. They left. And didn't even ask for a good-bye. 

"Nessie, babe, ya gotta-"

"Don't call me that,"Renesmee growled. She was hidden in Bella's huge closet in the cottage, a place she hid as a child as her mother pretended to search for in the juvenile games they once played.

    Alice excepted this rebuff and left. Let the chips fall where they may.

But what about Master Cullen? He was no where to be seen. Had he left Renesmee too? She didn't care. She wanted to be alone. She wanted to be lonely. She wanted to die.
****************************************************************************************
I sat in the corner, waiting. Aro couldn't kill her. He wouldn't dare. Jane had been called into the throne room 3 days ago. Surely she was getting thirsty. When was the last time she drank? Too long ago.

"Why are you wasting your time? Come hunting." I heard Alec's beautiful voice call to me.

"Why don't you care?" I hissed.

"Of course I care. I just...you have to trust he won't hurt her. And if he does...there's nothing you can do about it." He was squatting beside me now, his warm breath on my shoulder. I brushed him away.

"Alec, do you love her?"

"Do you?"

I didn't know.
****************************************************************************************
"Edward, aren't you going to take Renesmee to school?" Esme crooned.

"Why is she even going to school?" he hissed. It had been 69 years since Bella left. The Cullens were once again attending Forks High School. They posed as the great-grandchildren of their former selves. Alice had a bit too much fun putting the makeup on them, the wigs, the clothes and of course, inventing their personality.  Edward wore a black curly wig, envisioned to be the hair of his great-great-grandfather, Charlie Swan, who was now deceased. Edward and Bella Cullen supposedly lived in Alaska now, and sent their two grandchildren (Edward  and Renesmee ) to Forks High.

They went by the same names. And did the same things.

No one even remembered the Cullen's, most families (Except for Mike and Jessica Newton) were deceased, so the alibis were not needed. No one asked, no one told.

Renesmee...did not grow as expected. She was still very young. She started growing slower a year or so after Bella left. She looked about 13. They assumed this was her full growth, and like Jane and Alice, she was just...small.  She attended the Jr. High School in Forks, Washington. Boys looked at her. Edward didn't even care.

The Cullen's had been affected by the recent events. Couples fought over it. Alice and Jasper split up over it. Was Bella right? Or Edward?

"I'll take her..." Esme sighed, resigned.

Edward retreated to the woods, where he could relax and just...sulk.
***********************************************************************************
"Get...!! Off!!!"I pried his arms off my neck and flipped him. His muscular body flew through the air. He caught himself, as agile as a cat, and smirked.

"Nice try," he laughed. He wrapped his arms around me and shuffled my hair with his big hands.

"Shut up, Alec. I can beat you any day. I sooooo let you win," I lied.

"Well, I can kick you as-"

"Boys," Aro crooned, and we both lowered to our knees. When his back was turned, we proceeded to snicker.

Jane smacked us behind the head, a shock to the both of us.

"Quit flirting like hopeless school girls and focus," she hissed. I stood. I towered over her now, I reached my full height. My green eyes, which Jane thought made me resemble a snake, glanced over her. I placed my hand under her chin, making her look me in the eye but she ripped herself away.

"Nah, uh, uh Jane. Remember, I'm your leader now." I had been bumped up in ranks. I could read minds like a pro and my invisibility was fun to play games on humans. Jane in the past...70 years?...had been relatively quite. She didn't open up to anyone. Ever since that day in the throne room with Aro...it changed her...something had.

   She growled at me and I hissed playfully back. Jane got more beautiful every day. I could swear by it. When I had the boys do her laundry, I shrunk her cloak a little every time. She was looking less like a child and more like a woman. Her breasts, small and round, palpable and possible, caused me to stare. Her little hips were sexy as the cloak hugged her firm ass. She was gorgeous in every way.



"Watch yourself," I hissed.

She just looked at me, the angry expression she always wore was there.

It never left her face, it never would. And I was...what? I looked at her. I felt something. It was in my head. Making me dizzy.


Was this love?
***********************************************************************************
The Cullens were in the house. Emmett and Jasper were in the living room, watching the game. Esme kept her cross-stitch in her hand. Alice sat opposite Jasper, never being able to look him in the face after their split. Rosalie sat on Emmett's lap, though the game was taking his attention, not his beloved. Carlisle was reading, his arm around his wife. Edward was just sitting, lifeless and sad. Renesmee was asleep after studying for a test, her head stuck in the AP Algebra book (a class she was failing).

    The house was still. Of course that was when the scream erupted.

It came from the forest, strong and scared. Her voice was silver,  the tinkling of silver bells, faintly akin to a fairies. She was being tortured was how it sounded and the air whipped through the sound, acting like a rag, muffling the sound.

    The Cullen's kept to the 2nd floor balcony to watch the girl twist through the sky onto the ground. Writhing in pain, she was seizing. You could smell the blood miles away, and the Cullen's were thirsty. Her white hair was covered in the crimson. Her skin and dress were the same color-a pure virgin white. Only a vampire could have skin that pale but why was the blood poking through her skin? Her veins?

    Esme screamed. "Help the poor dear!" Carlisle stared.

After a moment, the girl stopped squirming. She layed there, her chest rising and falling, her breaths ragged and hard. She looked around. The tears falling from her eyes dissipated onto the back of her hand. She sat up, then stood. She ran. and ran. Until she hit the wall.

It made a zzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiihhhhhzzzz! sound as she hit it. It glowed, a blue color and she flew through the sky. She stopped again and stared and the tears started to form. "No," she mouthed. She tried to run at least 3 more times, and each time she hit the wall.

"Really?!!" she screamed,"Your leaving me here? To rot?!! Why?! Why me!!"she began to sob."Why meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"her little voice boomed loud and clear, her misery was clear to all. The blood tangled in her hair made most hold there breath.

    All except brave Esme, who bolted down the stairs.

"Esme! Wait!"Carlisle screamed, chasing her. The Cullens followed in pursuit. Once on the ground, only Esme and Carlisle gingerly approached the girl, Edward a few paces behind. All others stayed on the porch.

Esme's foot slipped a step, hitting a branch, and the girl turned her head. Her eyes wide with fear, and her mouth slightly open, she reminded Edward of the one girl, from so many years ago. ...Bree, was it? Yes.

    The girl looked terrified. Her worst nightmare had come to life and she didn't even know the half of it. This poor human. Esme had little practice around them, would she restrain herself around the girl? Then suddenly the girl stopped, and stared. She was entirely still. Only her chest could be vaguely seen rising and falling with her breaths and her heart. She squinted to get a better look, and then wide again, then slits.

"Hi, sweetie," Esme whispered, exchanging a hand as if she were coaxing along a dog rather than a girl-or in her case human (or food).

"Hello," whispered the girl.

"Can we help you up?" Carlisle asked. She looked hesitant, then held out her bloody arm for him to take. He lifted her and she was shocked and clearly did not wish to be picked up.

"N-no!" she started to yell, but stopped her self. And for a moment, let herself sink into his arms. 


The girl was succumbing to the vampires.
***********************************************************************************
I was strolling down the hall, my cloak billowing behind me, like a robe of royalty.

"Afton,"I said to him in passing.

"Brother," he said. How cheesy.

I walked by rooms, each belonging to a member. Alec...Aro...Ja-

"Belt!" Her little voice whispered from behind the door. I turned and looked the blonde temptress in the face.

"Jane?" I asked.

"Shh!" she hissed.

I looked at her warily,"Why won't you come out from behind the door?"

"Come in!" she growled.

I gingerly stepped over the thresh hold into the witch's room. I was thoroughly...shocked.

My jaw dropped and my eyes bulged. Her room was painted that disgustingly dull grey that all our rooms were painted (by order of Aro's bride...ugh...mother). But posters littered the walls. Pretty women, boy bands, and other icons from across the globe where placed all over the walls. Fashion mags, letters in bright pink to seduce young girls into their lies. A poster of a muscular male hung over her bed and a layer of dust had collected from her fire gazed ignoring it.

Then, I looked at Jane. Whoa...

"How do I look?" She asked. She had on a little red dress, short and frilly and hung at her thighs (less hung and more pinched). It was a asemical dress, with one strap on her shoulder and a rose on her hip. Her cherry lips and eyes matched perfectly. Her blonde hair was piled on her head, no in the normal dictator bun but in an array of lovely curls.

"Where are you going?" I asked. Her smile fell.

"Volterra," she said, standing a little straighter.

"You know hunting there is forbidden,"

"I'm not hunting!...I'm-" her voice was so quite I couldn't hear.

"What?"

"I'm going to a ball!" she yelled, eyes on fire.

"Aro will never let you," I said with a wave of my hand.

"I know," she said, stepping closer, taking my hand,"That's why I need your help."
****************************************************************************************
Carlisle and the snow white girl sat in his office. He was patching up the scraps and bruises.

"You really don't need to do that, I'm fine," she said.

"It's for us, not you," he said. 

She just looked at him. "I've never seen vampires like you," she whispered.

"What!" Carlisle exclaimed, eyes wide. "Wha-how?!!"

"Relax, I studied you. But, your different."

"You studied vampires?" he asked

"Well...yeah. I'm mean, it's not that hard. There are schools dedicated to it. But, lets keep this our little secret, okay?"

Carlisle just smiled to himself, placing the last patch on her arm,"That may be for the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment