Friday, June 8, 2012

Chapter 14-Something Secondhand and Broken

Chapter 14-
Something Secondhand and Broken


     Giselle woke up in Edward's empty bed-again. She went to his closet and pulled out a white dress from the stash she now was forced to keep in there. Edward was gone when she woke, as he was everyday. Why couldn't he wait for her? He never did. She sat on the bed, and yelled at herself inside her head to stop the tears from coming.
     She forced herself out of the room, and into Jasper's. Talia was the only one present, which is what Giselle had expected. "How do I look?" Talia asked frantically and afraid.
"Fine. Gorgeous." She was dressed in black taffeta, all black. It was all she wore since she came here.
"Humble?"
"Uh..."
"Do I look humble, Giselle?" she cried.
"Dear, there is only so much an outfit can say."
"UH!" She flopped onto the bed.
"You're telling him today, aren't you?"
"...Yes," whispered the redheaded vampire.
"Somethings are best left unspoken, dear, remember that."
"Are you saying I shouldn't tell him?"
"I'm saying that Jasper is a sensitive man. You telling him will kill him. You're running off with his ex-wife, Tal. How would you react?"
"I don't know. It's not happening to me. I'm just happy!" she beamed. "Alice and I are going to run away, and have a child. I always wanted a baby, Giselle...Jasper, he can give me that, but he...he forgot about me, ya know? When I found him, I was like a savior, his gift. But now, he's used to me being around. Alice treats me like a gift, and she makes me feel special. Jasper couldn't have done that, even when we were human. Ya know?"
"I guess. You should either leave with Alice now, Tal, or just drop her. Never tell him a thing. It would end better that way."
Giselle turned to leave.
"Giselle!"
"Yeah?"
"... Can you tell me what he's going to say? I want to know the outcome and for some reason, Alice can't see it."
"...You're limited, so I can't tell you. You're meant to be limited, Tal. It's part of your humanity."
"But I'm not human."
"It's an adjective, babe. It means pure. Good."
"I am good."
Giselle cocked an eyebrow. "Are you?"
***
"Talia tells me you can't see the outcome."
"I don't know why I can't Giselle, but it's driving me nuts! Maybe it's better I wait to see his pain..."
"Alice, are you really going to do this?"
"Yes. He deserves it. Everytime he touched that bitch, he gets to know she loves me ten times more. You know he always wanted a baby? Talia can give him that...I never wanted a child. Too noisy and messy. I like teenagers, I have the power to predict what they are going to do, and Jasper could sense their feelings. If we were human, we would make perfect parents. But we aren't. We aren't even together. He left me. Over something something that didn't even involve us. He didn't even want to try again. She was the savior. Yeah, well I was the savior a long time ago. I'll be damned if a third comes around."
"Alice-"
"This is my life, Giselle, don't tell me how to live it."
"...I love you and Talia both, and I also love Jasper. You break his heart, your breaking mine...you shared that heart once, and I don't think it's entirely severed. "
************************************************************************************
Giselle walked into Edward's room, and was taken off guard by his presence there.
"I didn't know you'd be here."
"Big day. I changed my shirt. Just got back from hunting."
"Ah."
Edward stared solidly into the crystal eyes of the Princess. "Giselle? Can we talk?"
"I've got to go check on Tal-"
"Giselle." She turned to look at the man. They hadn't been talking much lately.
"Giselle," Edward whispered again,"why have you been so distant? I just want to talk to you. Please?"
Giselle avoided his eyes, but burnt holes in the wall. "May I speak freely?" she growled.
Edward paused. "Always."
     The Princess turned on him, and put her pale pointer finger in his face. "You've been sleeping with me, and then you act like I don't exist! I do whatever you say whenever and you treat me like garbage! Do you know what you called me last night? Do you?" she yelled. He stared at her. "Bella." she spat. "Bella! Bella! Bella! 'Bella, I love you sooooo much!''Bella, do that again!' If you're going to abuse me at least use my name!"
"Giselle-"
"I don't want an excuse, Edward Cullen. You don't care about me and you never have. I feel under the spell of the undead and it's my fault. I don't think you knew you were lying but the pain is all the same. I'll leave soon. Just like the rest of your family."
"You shut up you whore!" Edward struck her across the face. Having on his leather bracelet, it cut open her cheek. She walked stiffly to the closet, pulled out a tanned bag, and pulled out a vile. In the vile was some purple substance which she rubbed on her cheeks, and the cut healed immediately.
     She walked up, and looked at Edward with no hate nor love in her eyes.
"I will stay here, at this Cullen's Manor. But not because I feel for you. It is because I have no  choice!"

And the Northland Princess fled the room.
**************************************************************************************
"What's going on?" Jasper whispered to Giselle.
"J-just a family meeting, I guess," she whispered, feeling pity for the Whitlock boy.

"Um, okay," Talia sighed, then squealed, in a stupid, girly way. "Jasper, honey? I really think was the best way to do this, and Alice agrees, just so there's no questions.
     Jasper, Alice and I have been sleeping together behind your back. At first it was just for fun, but over time we began to develop feelings for one another...I really think I love her and Jasper...we are going to have a baby."
Jasper's eyes were on fire, he hadn't drank in a few days either. "What!?" he snarled.
"I love her-"
"Okay, time to cut the crap!" Alice squealed and feel to her knees. She crawled to Jasper, sobbing heavily. "I-I-I slept with Talia!! I just wanted to make you mad!! Talia fell in love with me but Jasper, there isn't a person I hate more in the world!!"
"What?" Talia whispered.
"Jasper, I love you and I'm sorry!! Please, what I did doesn't mean a thing!"
"HOW COULD YOU!" Jasper screamed.
"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!! I-I-I didn't think!"
"To hell you didn't think! You thought this whole thing through! And Alice, Talia before either of you gets another word in. I can never be with either of you again. Talia, you cheated on me with my ex-wife. And Alice...as far as I'm concerned, I stopped loving you. And after this, I don't even think I can love you again. I just...I'm going hunting. No one follow me."
"Jasper-" Alice whispered. But he was gone.

"You lied to me?!"

Alice didn't even justify Talia with an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment