Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chapter 18-The Truth of the Beauty Underneath

Chapter 18
The Truth of the Beauty Underneath




"Well, Miss, this certainly is a surprise. A human. How did you get into the tower?"
"With all due respect, Sire, shut up."
"Dear Human, you do not know who you are dealing with," the dark-haired vampire chuckled.
Giselle, standing bravely before them, cocked her pale head to the side,"Don't I? HHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Giselle thrust out her wrists, causing the chains which had so long bound her to the Cullen's land, to wrap around the throats of the Vampire Princes sitting before her. Aro screamed in Italian to the guard members, and they rushed forward, only to find themselves in some kind of hex by the white intruder. She wrapped the invisible chains around their necks, engulfing the whole guard, minus Corin, the wives, and 3 members of the Volturi guard....
*****************************************************************************
I was in my room, with Alec beside me, we were watching an old movie, in black and white, with English subtitles as our only guide to understand what was going on. We were laughing, and Alec popped a piece of popcorn in my mouth. I laughed.
"You have such pretty green eyes..." he whispered. I stared at him, and kissed his cheek. He rubbed the gold promise band on my finger. "With this ring, I thee wed..."
I took his hand, and kissed the identical band. "With this ring...I thee wed." I let a small tear drip down my cheek, and he wiped it away.
     I sighed, and rose from the bed. "They'll be wanting us down stairs. The feeding starts in two hours."
"But Aro said-"
"And Aro is restless," I reminded him. I leaned down once more to kiss him, then slapped his butt teasingly. "Put you're robe on."
He stood, and popped the movie out of the player. Slipping on his uniform,"How do I look?"
"...Like an angel. How do I look?"
"Like an angel," he replied.
"Well-"
"Boys!" Jane threw the door open, her hair was partly down-partly up. Her big red eyes were wide with fear.
"Jane..." Alec whispered, I touched her arm gently.
"What's wrong?" I whispered urgently.
"...S-someone's in the castle. They've got Aro and the rest of the guard tied up. I don't know who it is. It sounds like a girl, Aro said she was human."
"What do you mean tied up by a human, Jane? We're vampires," Alec said, closing the door, leading his sister into my room.
"I-I don't know! I was so afraid, I had to come find you two! You're my boys!" she ran to hug both of us, sobbing wildly with no tears. "I was so afraid..." she whispered,"You're my boys."
"We can't just stand here," I whispered.
Jane looked at me for a moment, then her brother.
"This could be our chance," she whispered. "To get out of here. Don't you see? We could leave, and if this human girl kills them, no one would come after us. We can leave right now and never look back."
"Jane...normally, I would go with you both and run...but somethings here...holding me down. Jane, we have to stay, I have unfinished business. Our time will come soon, but for now we must stay."
"Why?" she whispered.
"I can feel it."
*****************************************************************************
"Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Giselle screamed again, thrusting the guard member against the granite walls. "Aro!" she boomed," I will not ask again! WHERE IS THE BOY?"
Aro cocked his head innocently,"Young human maiden, I do not know of what you speak of."
"Please Master!" cried one of the guard members, with thick black hair and leached tan skin. "Do what she says! Tell her where he is!! Tell her about Bel-" Demitri snapped the neck of his fellow guard member.
"Thank you," Aro whispered from his throne. "Santiago needed to be punished. May he be damned in his eternal hell."
"That boy was a Catholic," Giselle replied, gesturing to the cross necklace that had flown out of the lifeless body's robe.
"God is not pleased by vampires. We are demons." Aro replied.
Giselle stared at him. "I don't believe that."
"But it's true, ma belle."
She stared a moment. "God loves everyone. Even if you are demons, he will not turn away a repetitive soul."
Aro cocked an eyebrow. "You don't hear it yet, do you?"
"...What?" Giselle asked. Aro laughed.
"There is someone, coming up the tunnel. Let's hope it means your bloodshed, shall we?" The heavy footsteps got louder and louder as the tromped down the hall, closer and closer to the door. Giselle's heart began to hammer. "Oh, girl?" Aro yelled delightfully. "Do you think God will accept a prayer from me?" Giselle spat on the ground, much to Aro's amusement.

The doors flung open, and Giselle's heart stopped.
"You..." she whispered.
The visitor dropped to his knees, and held out a small cup. "Please...touch it..." she panted.
"Why are you here?!" she sobbed.
"I-I couldn't let you die..."
"Mr. Cullen," Aro called from his throne. "Why did I just know you had something to do with this?"
Edward Cullen shook his head, his eyes never leaving the feet of the Princess,"I guess I just have bad taste in women," he said, kissing Giselle's feet. "I am never leaving you," he whispered.
"I am never leaving you," she replied. "I swear to you."







I stared down off the balcony.
"Cullen..." Jane sneered through her sobbing.
"Why is he here? After all these years?" Alec said, seeming to only be talking to his sister.

Alec agreed. "Yeah, I-"
"Alec, Jane?" Aro boomed from his perch. "Quit whispering and come down here, and bring the boy!" I was shocked and hurt at being talked about like that again after 70 years, but it didn't bother me much.
    Slowly, with all of our arms linked, with started down the stairs, and the woman stranger and the man both stared at me funny.
Aro looked at me too. After a moment, he asked me,"Do you know who these people are, Beltrano?"
"No."
"Are you sure? Look closely at the man."
"What about him?" I mumbled angrily.
Aro sighed something in Italian which I didn't understand. "Suppongo che assomigliano piĆ¹ a tua madre ...Beltrano," he boomed,"I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine, and yours," then he looked at the man. "Edward Cullen, meet your son."
"HIS WHAT?" I screamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment