Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 23-What Was In the Womb

Chapter 23
What Was In the Womb


"She's...what?" Edward took a moment to register, then realized something. The question of the fetus's paternity. Edward flung himself at the Prince. "You bastard!" he screamed,"You did this, didn't you?! You defiled her! You-"
"You know, pretty boy, to be honest, I thought it was mine at first, then I realized how damn fast it was grown. It's your spawn you little bitch. Get over it." The Southland Prince left, and Giselle stirred at the sound of the door closing.
     Edward ran to her, looking desperately to see her eyes. Giselle slowly came to consciousness, and screamed when her eyes focused on Edward. They both began to sob as he held her.
"I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry...I'm pregnant..." she whispered.
"I know," he whispered in return. "I'm sorry..." he stared at his wife, who had been raped and defiled and obviously all while she was with his child. Edward kissed her all over.
"Did the marriage certificate come in while I was gone?" she whispered.
"Yeah...Mrs. Cullen..."
"Edward, it's drinking me."
He winced when he heard that. "But the baby loves me very much, and I know he'll love you too."
"He?" Edward groaned.
"My first born is a son. I know it. That is what the prophecy said."
Edward laughed at her, darkly in the moment. "Of course it did."
"Edward...I need to drink blood. It's the only option. We need to get it directly to the baby."
"You...you don't have too..."
"I need to, Edward. It's what our baby wants. It can't help it, Edward."
"...We need to get it out."
"I won't kill it."
"You'll kill your country?"
"It won't kill me. It can't. I'm stronger, Edward. Stronger than you thought. Stronger than her...even she, the strongest. I am. I will survive, for it is the will of God."
"...Yes...it has to be..." and Edward kissed his bride.
*******************************************************************
32 days into her pregnancy, Giselle was doing fine. The baby was coming to full term and would be with them any day now. Giselle could do things any human pregnant woman with a human baby could do. She fared much better than Bella had, and Edward thought it was in part by that Bella had given birth to twins.
   There was a knock on the door, around noon. Giselle hummed as she answered it. Edward smiled at her. When she disappeared from sight, a scream was heard. Edward and Esme ran to her.
   She was crippled on the floor, as she had tried to draw her sword of the mantel, and fell. Esme hissed-as only she can-as she saw the intruder in the parlor.
"I mean no harm, I only bear news," the Southland Prince said, even helping up his opposite. She didn't shy from his touch at all, but even embraced him, as if he were an old friend.
"What is the news?" she asked, as Rosalie lead her to the couch. "You seemed troubled, Anton."
"...My step-mother...your father...he...they...they engaged in combat today, Giselle. They are reported locked in a death match. You know my mother's magic supersede that of your father, Giselle...I am sorry...I bring no more news than the death of king and father."
"He's not dead yet...dont' say such things...he will live...he will..."
"My step mother is a wicked one indeed. I don't care much for her. My mother died when I was young, my father re-married and then he died soon after. I have suspected her of my parent's deaths many a night. Giselle, either way he goes, you cannot win. Giselle, I was here to suggest you induce labor. Say the child is of my blood and your blood. You father will die and the Norhtland will fall. I would rather find a compromise than let my step-mother rule that entire territory."
"You...want to take my child away?"
"It's what your father would want, Giselle. It will be strong like you. It will have the childhood you never had. I will raise it, for good, Giselle...please."
"...It's up to my husband..."
"It's up to you," Edward whispered, walking away angrily.
"...I will go with you to present the child. Then, I will take her back here, to Forks. You can find some orphan child to raise as Queen. That is what is best."
"G-g-Giselle!" he screamed, standing.
"What?"
"Blood..." Rosalie whispered. Alice grabbed Jasper and most of the Cullen's left the room.



Giselle Cullen was in labor.


Carlisle pulled her into the room, and Giselle's labor was like anything else.  It was the same as a human birth. Interesting fact, the human body can only bear 45 units of pain.

Child birth is 57 units.

Giselle screamed maybe less than a normal human, only because she bore the pain so well. Edward heard the crying of the baby as Carlisle pulled it out. Covered in Giselle's blood, the baby emerged. His skin was pale as Giselle's skin, and his hair was pure black, with white tips. His eyes were shockingly blue, with thick, dark, low-set lashes. He had dark, full eyebrows. This child though...
    He was soft, and less aware. Edward smelled him, and moaned softly.
There was no vampire blood in his veins. This child was all human.
Giselle read his thoughts and moaned gently as well,"It's Anton's..." she whispered. The Southland Prince stared from the doorway, with a pale face. He slowly stalked forward, without stretched arms, and took the child.
"You take him!" Giselle screamed,"You take him to where that duel is being held. You tell them what he is and you save my father and you end this war, understand?"
"Giselle...your father...he's dead."
Giselle's blue eyes fell and he heart stopped beating for a moment. Edward stared, then she started seizing.
   Then, Carlisle did something odd. He stared at where the spawn of the southland had just exited from Giselle's body.
"Save her!" Edward screamed.
"Edward," Carlisle whispered,"another child is coming."
"What?" Edward screamed.
"Smell it," Carlisle whispered.
"...It's half-vampire..."

No comments:

Post a Comment