Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chapter 17-Renesmee Revealed/On the Way to Volterra

Chapter 17
Renesmee Revealed/
On the Way to Volterra


     "I don't even know where to start looking,"Edward cried, flopping down.
"Edward," Rosalie whispered,"If she doesn't get back here before dark..."
"Oh, God!" Esme fell onto her husband, sobbing wildly.
This is all my fault, Edward thought.
"Emmett," Jasper commanded,"go get a pot from the shed out back, and  fill it with soil from the front yard."
"Aye!" yelled Emmett, as he hit the ground running.
"You think that will work?"
"I'm hoping," Jasper whispered to his oldest brother.
"Daddy?" Renesmee whispered. "You're looking for my brother...right?"
"Yes, Renesmee," replied her father.
"Daddy...there's something I need to show you." Renesmee put her palms on her fathers neck and forced her thoughts on him.
     His eyes widened, and he shook for a moment.
"Renesmee, where did you get that?"
"They're my dreams. Daddy...I think I'm seeing what my brother is seeing."
"Like, some kind of telepathy?" Carlisle asked.
"It's the only hunch I've got," said Edward rising.
"Where are you going? What did she show you?"



"The inside of Volterra."
************************************************************************************
"Hey, you."
"Hey, Alec," I leaned in to kiss him. He smiled at me.
"Wedding date is all set. So's the honeymoon. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Aro always has me on sweeps now."
"Only every other night," I reminded him, the guilt taking another jab at me.
"Well, at least we get tonight. Wanna go out to dinner?"
"Sounds great," I said, taking  his outstretched arm. He leaned down to kiss my cheek, then lead us unsuspectingly from the tower.
************************************************************************************
Esme leaned down off the porch to kiss the top of her son's head.
"I have to be going. I can run the whole way."
"You'll be dead tired, and not much use if it gets violent."
"I will fight for her, and my son. I will bring them both home, I swear." He had a small green pack on his back, and a cup of soil from their yard in the other.
As he turned and got in a position to run, his mother yelled out to him.

"Edward!" he turned. "You bring her home."There were tears in her eyes.
"I will. I promise."

An Edward Cullen began the 5683 mile journey to Volterra, on the way to rescue the woman he had misused, and the son he had never met.





No comments:

Post a Comment