Friday, June 22, 2012

Chapter 24-You Try My Patience, Make Your Choice

Chapter 24
You Try My Patience, Make Your Choice




   Edward pulled his child from his wife's body, and Giselle smiled when she heard the baby sigh. Giselle sat up right, nothing wrong with her, and asked to see the baby. Edward brought the little pale child next to her. It's hair was a dirty blonde, but also glowing, making it appear bronzen or gold. It's eyes were blue, and its lips red. The cheeks of the child were round and pink. Giselle let a tear slip onto the child's face.
"Is it a boy or a girl?" she asked her husband.
"A girl."
"...What are we going to name her?" Giselle asked, looking at Edward's smiling face.
"It's up to you," he told her.
Giselle pursed her lips. "Fae," she said, kissing her daughter's forehead.
"She's so beautiful..." Edward whispered.
"Edward," she breathed," we made this. If something good can come from bad, the past can rest in peace."
"Fae Elizabeth Cullen," Edward whispered.
"Your mother's name?" Giselle asked.
Edward nodded.
"Well," Giselle said, flopping out of bed. Edward laughed as he noticed her form was back to normal. "What?" she asked. "I have magic and I don't want to look like pregnant woman when I'm not. Let's go show everyone."
"Rest," he commanded.
"No, give me my baby," Edward handed Fae to Giselle, and Giselle wrapped her in a snow white shawl she had been wearing. The descended down the stairs. Carlisle-who had been ignored-came in tow.
   Edward asked Giselle what was wrong, as she seemed tense on the final turn on the spiral stair case, but had saw just moments later. Anton Southland held their child on his lap, with tears in his eyes.
"I couldn't leave you," he said. "Beside, our son needs a name."
Giselle gave Esme her little girl, and she stalked forward to hold her son. He smiled up at her, and Giselle looked like she could burst into tears.
"Audrick," she whispered, asking Anton to take the boy she couldn't keep. He didn't want to. He asked her to feed the child. Giselle could not breast feed the half-vampire child for obvious reasons, but Anton's child, she could.
"Carlisle," Jasper said,"If the Prince's bastard is fully human, how is he fully developed?"
"He must've survived on Fae's strength and Giselle's blood. Being attached to Fae made him grow with her. He will age normally, most likely, but yes, Fae was his means of survival."
"It appears I owe your daughter a great deal, then, Mr. Cullen," Anton addressed Edward. Edward stared enviously at the child Giselle was feeding, wishing it was his own daughter. He turned his attention to Jane, who was rocking Fae in her arms. The baby sighed, and rubbed her eyes.
"She's tired," Giselle said, then looking down added,"so is he."
"Giselle," Anton whispered fervently as the most of the Cullen's had gone to put down the second child. "You have to come back to the Country with your child. The Southland troops are storming the Castle. Your mother-if found-will be taken and beheaded. You must understand that. All Northland citizens will be killed. Giselle, we must go back and take the throne together. I do not suggest a union, but a false one to please the people. Our son will be the light which will pave the way for a new life for my people, your people, Giselle...our people. Our Kingdom."
 Giselle looked down at her son, young Prince Audrick. If Giselle returned, she and Anton would be King and Queen of both territories, obviously making them one union. Audrick would be the heir, but what of her family. When Giselle expressed these concerns he assured her hurriedly.
"They can all live with us, in the Castle. Wouldn't it be easier that way? You may resume your union with Mr. Cullen and I will not ask you to share my bed. Our son will be our only child and in time he will rule."
"...I must speak with my family, but I agree that your plan is a good one."
"My Queen," Anton whispered," I am so thrilled. These dreadful days have come to pass."
"You over anticipate, Anton. The worst is yet to come."
***************************************************************************************
"It is a well thought out plan, Edward, you must acknowledge that."
"Fae-"
"Is to stay in the castle with her mother and father."
"It will have to be a secret-"
"To every one except my mother and father's servants. They helped raise me, Edward. They will keep the secret. And they will treat her as if she were the real Princess. Beltrano and the whole family-even Jane and Alec-can come. You don't have to keep lying. You don't have to hide anymore. You can be living in a world that was made for creatures like I and like you. It would be perfect. As easy as breathing."
   Edward looked at his mother.
"Shall we vote?" she asked. "Jasper?"
"It sounds perfect. Not a lot of humans to bug me? Great."
"Alice?"
"...I'll go where he goes," she whispered, looking at her ex-husband. Jasper's eyes widened.
"Talia?"
"I will go where my friends lead."
"Rosalie?"
"I will always support my sister. I vote we live in the Northland castle."
"Emmett?"
"I'm with Rose."
"Carlisle?"
"...It is not ideal, I will vote whichever way my son votes."
"Then, Edward?"
"...I have to vote no. Giselle, I love you and your family, but our daughter comes first. If the vote comes to yes, I will go with you."
"Jane? Alec?"
"It's a yes from all three of us!" I yelled.
"Renesmee?"
"I will follow my brother, father, mother, and new siblings to the end of the earth!" she vowed.
"Esme?" Giselle whispered, cradling a sleeping Audrick in her arms.
"I will follow you, Princess," she said, kissing her forehead.
"Then we are going to the border!" Anton yelled, standing.
"Time to pack," Rosalie said.
"Pack?" Anton laughed,"You can pack whatever you can carry on your back while fighting."
Rosalie humped at this, but didn't seem to upset.
"Rosalie, I guarantee you, whatever you want to take, I will supply you with something a million times better, or we can come back for it. But there will be a bloody battle. Perhaps the children should-"
"We need Audrick. Fae may stay," Anton ruled.
"I will go with Fae," Edward said,"but will wait out of the battle with my daughter."
"Then, I will take you all to the Southland Castle," Anton said, pulling out his wand.
"How?" Jane asked.
Anton smiled evilly, "Magic." 

No comments:

Post a Comment