Friday, June 15, 2012

Chapter 20-Fuggire dall'inferno

Chapter 20-
Fuggire dall'inferno


Giselle sobbed as Alec was on top of her. "This isn't who you are!" she screamed!
"Shut up!" he bellowed. Listen to me. I'm not really going to hurt you. They're listening to us. Nod once if you understand.
Hesitantly, Giselle nodded.
They won't stay for long, and once they're gone, we're going to get Belt, Jane, and Edward and escape. Is there anywhere we can go?
Again, Giselle nodded. Good. Now, scream. Loud. Like I'm hurting you. Giselle screamed and you could hear commotion in the room next to them. She shook a little. Can we go to Forks? Will they accept us? Giselle nodded. Good.
     After a few hours of Alec shaking the bed, and Giselle screaming, Alec knew they had left for hunting. Jane came and knocked on the door, and Jane answered, Edward at her side.
"I don't understand why they would leave us. They know, Alec. I can just feel it."
Edward ran to Giselle's side, and held her tight.
"Gaan ons?" she whispered urgently. Edward wasn't sure what language he was speaking, but he read her thoughts.
"Ja." he whispered.
"Can we go get Edward Jacob?"
"Beltrano should be in his room," Jane said, leading them out. They had all donned black cloaks, just to blend in.
"Belt?" Jane asked.
"What?!" I hissed, throwing open the door. I was shocked to see Giselle and my father standing there, unharmed.
"Has everyone gone?" she whispered.
"Yes," I replied.
"Then were going."
"You won't need to pack anything," Giselle said, taking my hand.
"Wait!" Jane cried. She pulled a tattered piece of cloth from behind her back. "This is what you were found in. It traveled from Forks to here. Now it's going back. I don't think you should leave it."
"Thank you," I whispered.
"Let's go."
************************************************************
We ran out of the tower at lightning speeds. Edward was the fasted, even with Giselle in his arms. Alec carried me for I would never be as fast as him. We swam across the ocean, Giselle being to only one slowing us. She had to breathe more often than I, and the other's didn't need to breathe at all.
     One night, we were camped out for the first time, our first stop. We were around the heartland of the country and we were all getting sick. Giselle was asleep. She had been once we got to America. I kept looking at my father. He kept looking at me.
"How have you been?" he asked.
"Good."
"Did they, treat you right?"
"I mean, it wasn't an ideal place to grow up. I made friends."
Edward laughed. "I see," he said, looking at Jane and Alec who were both smiling at me.
"You were involved in a romantic relationship with both of them?"
"Yes," I said, blushing without a smile. "Does it bother you that I'm bisexual?"
"...No. I guess not. I wasn't there to raise you so it's not my say. You love both of them?"
"...Yeah..." I whispered.
He swore kindheartedly. "You really are your mother's child. You have a sister. She's your twin."
"You kept her?"
"...Yeah...I didn't mean...you're mother was dying. I was mad...I needed someone to blame and your sister was so sweet, only wanting to love your mother. You...chewed your way out of her, drinking her. When I took you out of her dead body...you wanted more. I was just...sick to my stomach, you know? I really hated you. I didn't know if my wife was going to live, all I knew was that I had a daughter, and you were a menace. You aren't obviously. I just...I don't know."
"...Did I kill her?" I whispered.
"...No. She's immortal now."
"Where is she?"
"To hell if I know. She left me after I told her about you. I lied to her and that just...she hates me now, I guess....it's all up to you if you want to meet her."
"No...I just...I don't wanna worry about that now. You read minds?"
"Yeah. So do you."
"I also do this," I said, making myself disappear.
"That's very impressive, son."
"...My name is Edward Jacob?"
"Yeah. Edward Jacob Cullen. I guess we would've called you EJ."
I looked at my feet. Was this the feeling I had been missing? A family? A home? A father?
"I like EJ," Jane pipped up. "Me too," said Alec who came and kissed me. I think my dad stiffened. When I looked back at him, he was smiling.
"Well," he said, rising,"ready to keep moving? Or do you need to rest?" I rose, ready to go home. My home.
"Let's go!" I said. He smiled, then nudged Giselle with his foot.
"Honey? You ready?"
She stretched out her arms and sighed. "Carry me!" he laughed at her.
**************************************************************************
We arrived just a few hours later. My house...this home...it was amazing. I ran up the drive, screaming for joy.  I burst through the door, where several people where lounging.
   At the door was a young man in his twenties. He had blonde hair with gold eyes, like my father, and a white oxford with black slacks and Italian leather shoes. He stared at me curiously and I blew by him in a flash. There was a boy with stringy blonde hair with a grey scarf around his neck. He looked pained, but also ready as if he could strike me if I became a threat. Beside him were two women. One with golden eyes, the other with green. The latter had big, curly red hair that stuck out a foot, the elder had short pixie hair that was gelled into spikes. The girl with the pixie black hair was smaller and petite in comparison to the redhead who was fullfigured and tall. Across the room was a burly boy with curly brown hair and a beautiful blonde girl on his lap. Across the room was a woman with brown hair, and she was tall and curvy. She stared at me with fullness in her eyes. She knows who I am.
     There was a young girl of about 13 with human blood in her, and ivory skin. She was coming down the huge staircase. She had big hair in bronze ringlets, and big brown eyes. Her lips were a pretty pink, and the bottom one was very full. Her cheeks were rosy. Her hair was pulled back with a rainbow headband, and she had on a lime green polo with khaki cargoes. She came up to me and smile. Putting her palms on my neck she showed me something.
   The corner of the vision was blocked by golden waves of what looked like fur or hair. I could hear screaming and crying of small child. I saw my father pulling a baby from what had to be his wife and my mother. I saw him stare at me for a good minute or two, then wrap me in a scarf and run out the window.
     When I was done, I looked back at the girl who had my daddy's  hair and my mother's eyes.
"Welcome home," she whispered crying, and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"Hey sis," I whispered,"long time, no see." 

No comments:

Post a Comment