Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 22-Death, Defeat, and a Breaking Dawn

Chapter 22-
Death, Defeat, and a Breaking Dawn


   I stared from my perch in the tree at the woman who was my mother. I did look like her. I had her hair, slender face, and strong jaw. I noticed Renesmee creep unsuspectingly beside me.
Can you make us both invisible? she thought.
I can try I thought.
Alright, thought she
Whoa, did you just hear that? I screamed in my head.
I think we have some weird connection. Now shut up and try to hide me.  I shook off the odd feeling and grabbed her wrists, trying to hide her with me. I felt the cloak of my power slide off partway to allow my sister a shelter beneath. I smiled when I could no longer see her. She gripped my wrists tight and I hers, so we could keep tabs on where the other was.
"Bella..." Edward whispered. My mother cocked her head, her red eyes angry. Her voice was hoarse and tired.
"Where. Is. My son?" she whispered.
"Bella..."
"Where is he, Edward?! And my daughter? Where is she? I never stopped looking for EJ and he just falls into your lap? Are you kidding me?! I won't hurt anyone if I see them, but I will kill everyone of you until I touch the face of my son. I'll start with that girl there. Who is she? The newest addition I sup-...What's that on her finger? Edward? That's...that's my wedding ring...Edward?...I'll kill her first, and I'll let you watch her die."
"Are you going to harm the children?" Edward asked.
"No, but I will take them with me," she growled. "They're mine."
"Bella...let's talk...I just-" Bella lunged for Giselle, and I started to scream when my sister clamped a hand down on my lips. My father intercepted her. They both fell to the ground, screaming. Bella got on top of my father and clawed at him, even biting his neck at one point. He howled with pain. I saw Giselle start to sob. Looking uselessly at her sword at her side, and the ivory wand in her hand. She couldn't do anything for fear of hitting her fiance.
"Ed-Edward!  Do you remember when I said that I knew why it didn't work out with Bella?"
Edward grunted as he threw his ex-wife into a tree, she hissed and came rearing back at him.
"Well, I never told you why. Here it is. You didn't love her. You didn't know her. The same goes for Bella. Edward, you couldn't read her mind, and she was the only person who looked different to you. Edward, that was only a hope. You read her mind and you knew she was just like everyone else and you couldn't change that. Bella! You loved Edward because he was a vampire. Plus he was beautiful. He was every bit the Mr. Darcy and Heathcliff you fell in love with. But you didn't know him. You fell in love with the mystery, not the person. Okay? Stop! Stop fighting!"
     Edward got over Bella, pinning down her pale wrists, and he looked into her eyes.
"If I let you see the children, will you leave?"
"...No...I want to stay with them. But I wont fight you and I wont take them from you. Alright? I'll stay on the Quillette land with Jacob but my son and daughter must be made known. Now."
Edward slowly rose to his feet, then looked directly at the tree in which Renesmee and I were perched.
"Beltrano! Renesmee!...Come down and meet you're mother." Slowly, I released Renesmee's wrists, and I let myself become tangible again. I looked at my mother, at her white smile. Her red eyes were big. She took a hesitant step toward us. Renesmee jumped down, and I right behind her. I looked at her, and she took my hand and lead her to the woman I had never met. She looked at her daughter, whom had started in a sprint. Bella held her and they both sobbed. When that was done, she looked at me.
     I wondered if I was what she thought I would be. Again, I tried to search her mind, and failed, just as I knew I would.
"I knew it..." she mouthed.
"...Mother?" I whispered.
She yelped and ran to me, taking me up in her arms. I don't know why I started crying, but I did.
"Edward Jacob!!" she sobbed into my shoulder. "You're just like I pictured...I love you...I love you...I-"
 "Døden un død heks!" screamed a Northland sorceror, who, with one wave of his wand, hit Bella Black with a hard blast, causing her to shrink to her knees, venom pooling out of her mouth.
"Mother!" I screamed. I heard Edward sink to his knees, staring. Renesmee threw up in the bushes, crying hard for her mother. "Mother!" I screamed again, leaning over her.
   The sorcerer repeated the spell to the wolf, who died immediately.
"Mother..." I whispered.
She smiled at me, the venom still flowing. There was hole in her abdomen, and I saw what was her insides.
"EJ...I love you...I love your sister...tell Edward...I still love him. I'm going to open my shield, and let you read my thoughts. I'm going to give you all my memories...human and vampire...and everything in between...don't forget them. Opening my shield will take all my memory and I will die, okay? I love you..."
     I plunged myself into my mother's head and accepted the images she was giving me.
I saw her, and a woman with curly hair and a cowboy hat in a desert like setting. She seemed silly laughing next to my mothers sober demeanor. I saw her in a class room, in a darker, wetter, greener inviroment-Forks. She was sitting next to my father, who was looking sick, with a hand over his nose. I felt her embarrasment as she sniffed her hair.
     I saw men...lots of men...it was dark, and she wasn't in Forks anymore. I saw a silver car come up and my father yell at her to get into it.
    My father taking her for a hike, then in a meadow, my father in the sun. Their first kiss. Mother meeting her future family for the first time. The Cullen's baseball game. James, Victoria, and Laurent. Chasing her. Father killing James. My mother in the hospital asking father not to leave her.
            Her 18th birthday, uncle Jasper leaning for her, trying to kill her. My father saying goodbye. Spending time on first beach with her friend, Jacob. (The man I guess I was named after) Him building bikes with her. Him changing. Him as a werewolf. Father returning. Father at Volterra with Mother and Alice.
           Kissing Jacob, kissing Edward. Father fighting Victoria and Riley.
         Mother marrying father. Their honeymoon. Finding out she was pregnant.  Giving birth to Renesmee, then a blackout. The incident with Irena. The Volturi coming and leaving.
     Father telling mother about me. Her leaving. She searching for me, in every corner of the globe. Spending time in Canada with Jacob. Trying to get her pregnant again. Jacob leaving, then returning. Jacob admitting he found a woman and got her pregnant. Hating the child. Meeting the child. Searching again for me, at Volterra. Aro lying, saying he only knew of Renesmee. Mother passing two hooded figures heading toward a party with lights.

She passed me...

Mother hearing I was alive. Coming to Forks. Seeing my face. The pain of being killed. The pain of dying. The pain....


Mother let out a scream once more, and upon seeing my now aware eyes, smiled again.
"I love you...don't forget me. They thought they could dispose of me. They tried to make me small. I suffered each indignity but now rise above it all. Yes, the price that I paid was all I had,but at last I found release. And if something good can come from bad, the past can rest in peace. Ah, if you see someone's hurt and in need of a hand, don't forget me. Or hear a melody cryin' from some baby grand, don't forget me. When you sing happy birthday to someone you love or see diamonds you wish were all free,please say that you won't, I pray that you don't forget me.
     But forget every man who I ever met 'cause they only lived to control.
     For a kiss, they'd pay a thousand,yet they paid 50 cents for my soul. They took their piece -The price of fame -That no one can repay. Ah, but they didn't buy me when they bought my name and that is why I pray...
There are some in this world who have strength of their own, never broken or need of repair.
But there are some born to shine who can't do it alone,so protect them and take special care. Take care and don't forget me.
Please take care and don't forget me. When you look to the heavens with someone you love,and a light's shining bright from afar, I hope you see my face there. Please don't forget me..." she died at the end of the song, and cried on her chest for a few moments.

     Giselle was screaming at the Northland soldier and she was crying too. The soldier kept apologizing and she just kept screaming. She sent him away.
"Princessa!" Giselle looked up to see Peter in the thicket yelling at her.
"I thought you were fighting," she whispered.
"No, I just had to come see you," he took her in his embrace. "That was a horrid scene. I shall see that Galloway has been removed tomorrow."
"Oh..." Giselle whispered. "And why would you do that?"
"He just killed two innocent undead, did he not?"
"...Galloway is Calvary, Gomez was a sorcerer."
Peter tightened his grip around the Princess's neck, and chuckled darkly. "Yes...I suppose he is..." he pressed his ankle blade close to the Princess's throat. "Make a noise and you die."
"I'm not afraid to die."
"Then you kill a country. SHUT UP! ATTENTION, ALL!" Peter had transformed into the Southland Prince, and the real Peter fainted off his horse at the sight. "I HAVE THE NORTHLAND PRINCESS IN CUSTODY! IF ANOTHER NORHTLAND SOLDIER FIRES A SHOT, OR MAKES A THREAT, YOUR PRINCESS IS DEAD, AND WITH HER, YOUR COUNTRY! THE SOUTHLAND IS NOW GOING TO RETREAT WITH VICTORY, AND KEEP THE NORTHLAND PRINCESS AS A BARGAINING CHIP, UNDERSTOOD?"
"DO WHAT HE SAYS, MEN!" Giselle yelled. "I WILL GET OUT OF THIS, BUT YOU WIVES AND CHILDREN COME FIRST!"
"Aye," said Anton, kissing her neck. She kicked him below the belt, and he squealed.
"I want to kill you...so badly..." he growled. He slung her over his lap as he rode off with his troops on there black steeds. Anton, cussing at the Princess all the way.
  *****************************************************
"STAY BACK!" Several sorcerers had to hold back Edward Cullen as he screamed to go after the Northland Princess. He was crying and screaming and swearing for a whole 8 hours, trying to get back his fiance.
"I lost two in one day..." he sobbed.
I stared at my father, and retreated to Renesmee's room, where she was letting Jane, Alec, and I stay. It had only been about 17 hours since the abduction of Giselle and the death of my mother. I kept her memories tight in my head, swearing not to lose them. We buried my mother in the backyard. Carlisle went and picked up a headstone already. We contacted Paul, who had married Jacob's sister long ago, and was still working as a wolf, stuck at the age of 25. He took Jacob's body and burned it. I knew I had knowledge of his son, and I told the coven soon I planned to look for the wolf boy.
   They agreed it would be a good thing to do, but later. Now-or even a year from now- was too soon.
    We suffered for the longest time, the pain never ending almost. There was never a moment when sobbing or still silence didn't cloud the house. It was only a week or so later, when the shock came.






There was a knock at the door, and slowly, Esme rose to open it. She hadn't spoken much since Giselle left, it was as if even Esme, who every one strived to make happy and shine, was dull and apathetic to anyone and everything. She left the room to open the door, and screamed. Carlisle bolted up, and Jasper behind him.
"Ed-edward!" Carlisle called, and his son joined him.
Edward leaped off the porch but, the Southland Prince caught his arm. Don't startle her, let her in gently. Carry her, don't let her walk. Edward picked up Giselle, who was wrapped in a black blanket, her white hair and face dirty. She looked older, and more worn. Her hair had been cut shorter, and not at an equal length all the way around. Edward let her slip on the couch. She also felt a little heavier than Edward remembered.
"Why did you bring her back?" Carlisle whispered.
"I can't very well let a little whore Princess in my camp."
"What do you mean?" Edward hissed, lunging for him. Carlisle pressed him back.
"She's of no use to me now.













She's pregnant."


No comments:

Post a Comment